Okay guys, I know I have been MIA. And I have a lot of places to tell you about, but ya know…billable hours? Hopefully I can catch up this weekend. But in the meantime you tell me how you like these top stories.
Apparently this weekend is BBQ weekend, and it is only fitting as it is the weekend before Labor Day, the end of summer, and a hot 85 degrees. So grab a friend, starve yourself all morning and check out the fun below:
1. Pig Out 3.0 will take place August 24 from 2-7 PM in Costa Mesa. Eat all things pig including dishes from your favorite restaurants (and mine) such as A Restaurant, Little Sparrow, Fireside Tavern and more. Other restaurants are sending their very best mixologists to help you all wash it down. I promise you, you will smell like pig when you leave…Mind you, you have to pay $75 for that l’eau de toilette.
2. This Saturday the Fullerton Arboretum is hosting its Brews, Blues and BBQ for an adult only crowd. Enjoy some Blues music as you taste your way through California’s best breweries. For $45 you receive 10 4 oz. tastings, a souvenir tasting glass and a potential DUI. The BBQ is not included and is an additional cost, but at least you can choose what you want to eat? Should be a gorgeous weekend for a concert.
3. Long Beach is having its own BBQ Festival ALL WEEKEND LONG. And for $80 you can become a VIP and have all you can eat access (I’m looking at you Wu). There will be music and dancing, but really if you are eating all that food you probably just want a stretcher to take you from booth to booth. I wonder how much that would cost….There is also a Photo Booth, but really no one wants to see a picture of you with BBQ sauce down your shirt…
Christmas is my favorite time of the year. I just get so happy listening to KOST and my Christmas Pandora station, seriously people try Christmas music when you are in a bad mood. Mind blown.
Anyway…this weekend there are a lot of fun activities to check out.
1. Chill at Queen Mary opened up right before Thanksgiving, but its definitely something you have to see. There is an ice skating rink, ice tubing, the Ice Kingdom and Santa. The Ice Kingdom is the thing to go for. They hand carve statutes from over two million pounds of ice to portray the story of The Nutcracker, this year. You have to bundle up, which is nice for us SoCal kids who don’t get much cold weather (thank god).
2. Corona Del Mar Christmas Walk is this Sunday. A fun festival of crafts, beer tents, and music is sure to make for a great Sunday Funday. The beer garden has an entry fee and then you get tickets for each beer you want. After walking around the different tables full of fun gift ideas, take your friends and go out to dinner at Sidedoor or walk to the cliffs to see the sunset.
3. OC Brew Ho Ho is on Saturday and is the largest Holiday Ale Celebration. While I have never attended, this seems pretty freaking cool. The 2nd annual Brew Ho Ho hosts 50 different craft beers and food vendors. For $55 you get four hours of unlimited tastings while you walk around other vendors to do some holiday shopping. Located at the Phoenix Club, make sure you have a designated driver.
4. Dana Point Wharf is having their annual boat parade this weekend. Private boats are decorated for your viewing pleasure and cruise around the harbor. Go down to the wharf yourself or hop aboard one of the city’s chartered boats to get up close and personal. Make sure you keep warm with some hot chocolate because its going to be a “cold” weekend out on the water!