escue moi (excuse me)
1. Musee D’Orsay – by far the best and most beautiful museum, it houses impressionism and lots of Monet. Go here first thing as it gets crowded (also ask for student prices in ALL the museums). Get the D’Orsay/L’Orangerie pass.
2. Musee L’Orangerie: in the gardens in front of the Louvre – its really small so it doesn’t need more than an hour or so but it is the home of the lily pad paintings by Claude Monet. It is a MUST.
3. Musee Louvre – The Louvre: go early, pick out ONE thing you want to see each and go to those. It is the biggest museum, you will get lost and it will be absolutely crowded. Mona Lisa lives here.
1. Champs Elysee: crowded and kinda cheap stores so just go to look
2. Rue di Rivoli: lots of designer stuff, really fun to people watch
3. Marais: more vintage/boutiques for really special Parisian only clothing (Sunday there is a vintage designer flea market here)
1. Eiffel Tower: if you want to go up, do the stairs – the line is way shorter OR eat at the restaurant on the 2nd floor – its pricey but then you get to go up for free
2. Montparnasse Tower: go up this tower at dusk, you get a beautiful view of the city which INCLUDES the Eiffel Tower and your pictures will be incredible (also super cheap)
3. Jardin du Luxembourg: gorgeous gardens that are fun to people watch and see (near Montparnasse if you want to walk/metro there after)
4. Sorbonne: this is next to the Luxembourg gardens and houses the university. This area is really young and hip, has some good shopping, great bakeries, a Starbucks if you need it and the best gelato called Amaretto (its a chain so you will see it all over)
5. Sacre Couer: do a trip up here, its SUPER touristy though so watch for pickpockets. This is where the artists lived in the 40s and still has beautiful cafes and artists in the street.
6. From Scare Couer you can walk to Moulin Rouge: mind you its SUPER ghetto (but in Parisian standards so its not that bad) but you probably want to see it nonetheless.
7. Arc di Triumph: this is worth going to the top of as well because it is at the edge of Champs Elysees, if you don’t climb the top its still beautiful to see from below and watch all the people trying to figure out how to cross the street (there is a tunnel underneath to cross below the road).
1. Laudere on Champs Elysee or in Madeline (good shopping around there too)
2. Angelica’s: BEST DRINKING CHOCOLATE EVER (fun to grab tea here)
3. Amaretto: gelato
4. Berthillion ice cream: sometimes restaurants will serve it too.
5. Almond croissants ANYWHERE: so fucking good
6. French onion soup: so cliche, so good.
My biggest recommendation, ignore my list and walk around Paris and get lost. Drink wine at a cafe on the sidewalk and just enjoy as much as possible.